And a happy almost new year. I’m back from my mostly non-knitting trip to Calgary for Christmas with the family. My exception was a trip to Make One Yarn Studio for their amazing Boxing Day Sale. It was great – and there’s even proof I was there. I’m in a number of the photos in the album they posted, including here, standing in the background in my green coat checking my plan of action.
Yes, I spent some money.
I also did pretty well in the gifts category – 2 knitting books! Unfortunately it was 2 copies of the wonderful Viking Patterns for Knitting by Elsebeth Lavold. One will go back & we’ll see what happens next. I also got $$ to spend at Make One, which wasn’t a problem.
This includes (sort of clockwise from the left):
- green & cream Jamieson’s to play with
- Curious Creek Oban in Plum Thunder (my big splurge) – silk & merino
- silk & alpaca in medium brown
- Rowan Calmer in dark brown
- Lorna’s Laces Lion & Lamb in Desert Flower (not for me – the shop inspired my mother to try knitting again for the first time in decades)
- Schaefer Anne in some lovely blue-green-purple colours (socks, perhaps?)
- Art Yarns silk ribbon in some sunset-like orangy-pinky-yellow colours
The Curious Creek Plum Thunder was a huge splurge & was a bit more than the Lorna’s Laces (although of similar makeup), but the colours just called to me. I’ve no idea what it will be, but here it is by itself:
The less expensive part was a bunch of Phildar cotton in my usual favourite colours (green, brown, cream) with some blues & pinks for kid items. This is just a sample of each colour, not the complete amount:
Right now I’m working on a Gliss Knits bag in cotton – hopefully a quick & satisfying knit. After that, perhaps on to something from my lovely new purchases.