Look what you can get done when you're not in labour

So you already know that I finished the bathroom curtain. Here’s a shot of it blocking:

Here’s a shot of it in use after bleaching & blocking:

I also blocked my mother’s birthday present, the Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark in the Fall ’06 IK. Nice easy pattern, turned out a good smallish scarf size which I think will work well.

Today I finished my Lily of the Valley scarf (a scaled-down version of the Lily of the Valley Shawl by Nancy Bush from Lace Style). I used my single skein of moss green Sea Silk. Instead of doing 7 patterns across I did 3. The length is the same as the pattern. I did a slightly smaller border (8 rows instead of 14) since I just did the border until I ran out of silk. My other change was to put 3 beads at the tip of every point along the way. I thought that would add weight & help the general feel & drape of the scarf. They’re pretty much the same colour as the silk so they’re not exactly for show. I used a 16 gram package & had 2 beads left.

Anyway, I have already set this to blocking on the guest room bed:

And while I was blocking, I also took Friday out & blocked it. Now it should be long enough to fit.

Now back to the Mystery Stole 3, which I’m working on in a rayon/linen blend in a golden colour. The only issue is the slubs in the yarn. I’m trying to convince myself that’ll add character to the overall finished product. We’ll see. I’m still working on clue #1, so I’d better get cracking.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.