First, I wasn’t exactly sure if I’d like the plied result of these two bobbins:
I did a wee test skein and it looked not so great on the bobbin:
But then I took it off and I could see that if it was knit up in a certain way it could be lovely. So I went ahead with the plying. Unfortunately I was distracted or something, because when I paused and came back, I realized I’d been going in the wrong direction. Whoops. That explained why I was getting twisty yarn instead of yarn like the soft loose test skein.
Well in the end I unplied and redid the 65 grams and then I plied the rest, about 120 grams. I’ve got a whole lot of soft loosely-plied 2 ply here. I can see exactly what I want to do with it, but I don’t know when I’ll start.
Now on to the next spinning adventure!
Monet — perfectly named color
Oh, honey, we’ve all done it. What’s important is that you got wonderful yarn out of a learning experience. Don’t tell them, but I would blame the children. ;^)