Then I went to work on some bags from Southern Cross Fibre. I think being a part of the monthly club offering has made it easier for me to break into the stash. First up was Wave Rock on BFL. I went for a thick single with the intent of chain plying to keep the colours together. Here are the singles:
Instead I ended up going for a 2 ply and I’m glad I did. I’ve got a lovely squishy yarn that’s likely destined to be a cowl. It’s about 170 yards in about 100g.
And then I decided to do a bit of a crazy experiment. I took my Monastic Robes on BFL and split it into two even halves. I spun it fairly skinny. Then I weighed what I’d done and wound off two plies at a time onto 3 bobbins. My plan was to do a 6 ply yarn from 3 bobbins all on my kate. And it worked! Here are the singles:
The skein is finished and I’ve got about 155 yards of 6 ply in about 105 grams. Doing a 6 ply really dampened the colour changes and made it a lovely right orange-yellow that I’m in love with.
In other news, my son’s little odd experiment of the week was to take two spare Christmas light bulbs and stick them in a small bar of soap. My husband retrieved this contraption from his bed one night when tucking him in. We just never know what he’s going to create next.