As much as I’ve enjoyed spinning 14 oz. of semi-solid coloured Polwarth/silk, I was glad to be finished. Here’s the final skein. It’s about 538 yards of 2 ply in about 112g. It’s lovely. I’m doing some sketching of ideas for what to make with all of this yarn, but no real decisions have been made yet.
It was time for more colour. I pulled out my bag of Submerge on Shetland from Southern Cross Fibre. I did notice part way through spinning that the green in it exactly matched my shirt and the blues were pretty close to my jeans. I love the colours in this yarn, so I’m planning on chain plying to keep the colours solid. And I apparently already have the outfit to wear with the yarn
Oh, but wait! I’ve got some knitting to show you as well. The first knitting project of the year is … drumroll please … a washcloth!
It’s not complicated or exciting, but I was annoyed with an icky dishcloth we had and decided that I had the training and materials to remedy the situation. Most of a ball of Bernat Organic Cotton later and a few hours later I was done.
I did the usual pattern, but with slipping and knitting on one side for a cushier fabric. It has already been put to use and I am happy with the result.
And in home news, today, in the last push of boredom before the return to school the kids were busy doing “bricolage”. My son did a little model drawing of a rocket, then he drew each component on another sheet of paper, coloured each piece, cut it out, and glued it all together. It seems to me that he’s reproducing a worksheet that came home from school in early December all from memory. Pretty neat that it stuck with him.