I didn’t find a whole lot of time this week to spin, but I did manage to get a couple of things done.
First, I took the singles from last week’s batt and wound them up in preparation for turning it into a 2 ply yarn:
Then I plied, gently handling the ball up to the end. I managed not to get in a tangle. I may have to try this again with other singles! The end result is a nice little skein that’s 50 grams and 200 yards.
The other night when I was in need of relaxation I started spinning up a little sample of some Norwegian wool that I bought a while back. It was a very easy and pleasant spin. I think it’ll make a great 2 ply. I’ve got 3 natural colours of Finnish wool from the same shopping trip & I think they’ll be up next.