Yes, I managed to ply up the beautiful silk from Briar Rose. I got about 960 yards in 98g for the first skein, and then I plied the remainder from the second bobbin together for about 250 yds in 25g. I’m thrilled at my total of about 1200 yards in 123g.
I’ve been a little afraid to take these skeins out & about to show people, but so far I’ve managed to hold onto them.
Up next was a little bit of relaxing fluffy Polwarth from Southern Cross Fibre. While I love the Briar Rose silk, working on spinning it required a great deal of attention. It was a treat to spin something thick and less intense. This beauty is Glass Gem:
I’m planning on turning it into a couple of skeins of chain-plied goodness. After that, I’m not sure of its destiny.