Lovely, no? I divided it up into 4 equal amounts. The first one I split into tiny strips and spun for quick colour changes. The second one I split only into 3 strips and spun for longer colour changes. I did the same kind of thing with the third and fourth ones, but I spun it from the other end so it wouldn’t match up all the way along.
Then I got stuck. My laze kate handles 3 bobbins. I kept intending to call a friend to borrow a kate. One afternoon I realized that I still had my handy box lazy kate and so this is how I ended up creating my 4 ply yarn:
Here’s the result:
I’ve got about 210 yards in 120 grams of an amazing 4 ply yarn. I’ve got no idea how it’s going to knit up, but right now I’m happy to just admire it.
There have been no collections in pockets this week (unless you count the 3 large rocks I removed from my daughter’s backpack), so here’s a playdough setup that I was told needed to be photographed: